Take advantage of the benefits of membership. Explore AAFP member services.
- AAFP Connection — Join the AAFP’s safe and secure members-only community.
- AAFP Insurance Services — AAFP Insurance Services is administrator for the insurance programs sponsored by the Academy.
- AAFP CareerLink — Visit the only employment search engine dedicated to family physicians. This interactive program matches family physicians with employers seeking candidates for clinical and faculty jobs.
- Health Care Notification Network — Receive FDA-mandated and product-related Patient Safety Alerts (PSAs) as soon as they are issued.
- My Academy (Members Only) — Manage your CME, update your address, pay your dues online, build a practice Web site and more.
- Members Retirement Program (Members Only) — The AAFP Members Retirement Program offers full-service plan record keeping and administration, a diverse range of investment options, and plan design that fits your practice’s needs.
- Hometown News Releases (Members Only) — Use sample news releases to tell your community about your professional achievements and activities.
- E-mail Discussion Lists (Members Only) — Discuss issues important to you. Share ideas with other family physicians.
- Family Medicine Ads (Members Only) — Download, print or display ads promoting the value of family medicine.
The Arkansas Academy of Family Physicians is a constituent chapter of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
When you join the AAFP, you join not only the chapter in which you practice but the American Academy of Family Physicians with headquarters in Leawood, Kansas.
Each constituent chapter sets its own state dues and along with the national dues, a billing statement is mailed from the AAFP in late October to each AAFP member for the coming year’s dues.
2012 Arkansas Dues by Membership Category:
- Student – Free for state and national
- Resident – $65 – Paid by Residency Programs
- Active Members
- State – $250
- National – $395
- Total Annual Dues – $645
- 1st Year Active Members Who Completed FP Residency – Half of state and national = $320
- Supporting Members
- State – $250
- National – $270
- Total Annual Dues – $520
- Inactive Members – $55. National (No State Dues )
- Life Members – $350.00 / One-time Dues National – No State Dues