Arkansas AFP Foundation
Your contribution supports activities to encourage medical students to pursue family practice, enhance educational preparation and training, and maintain the educational excellence of family physicians throughout their careers.
Support the AR AFP Foundation Endowment Fund by purchasing Dr. Sam Taggart’s new book… For Every Family, A Family Doctor!
Mission & Purpose
The Arkansas Academy of Family Physicians Foundation was incorporated in 1990 as a not for profit corporation whose mission is to establish and administer programs for educational, research and philanthropic purposes for the benefit of Family Practice in Arkansas. The Foundation is an exclusively charitable, educational and scientific in purpose and is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501 (c)(3) tax exempt organization thereby able to receive grants and tax-deductible gifts and contributions.
The purpose of the Foundation is to establish programs that accomplish this mission through:
- Support of the scientific and educations goals and projects of the Arkansas Academy of Family Physicians
- Support activities which maintain the educational excellence of family physicians throughout their practice experience
- To support activities which encourage medical students to pursue family practice in sufficient numbers to meet family practice manpower needs
- To support activities which enhance the educational preparation and training of prospective family physicians at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- To conduct or support any other activities related to the improvement of medical care or the delivery thereof, with special emphasis on matters of particular relevance to family medicine, provided that this foundation will conduct or support only such activities as may be properly conducted or supported by an organization described in section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code.
Board of Trustees
Join the Foundation Board of Trustees!
The Arkansas AFP Foundation is always looking for individuals to serve. Trustees and Directors are elected annually through a nomination process. If you are interested in serving, please contact Michelle Hegwood, email@example.com or 501-316-4011.
Donate to the Foundation!
- Activities to encourage medical students to pursue Family Medicine
- Educational events targeting students and residents
- Supporting Family Medicine Interest Groups (FMIGs) that promote the future of Family Medicine
- Providing financial assistance for delegates, students and residents to attend the AAFP National Conference for Students and Residents and other AFP events
- Providing awards and scholarships for students and residents
Your support of the Foundation ensures the continuation of the following activities in our state to promote Family Medicine:
The Foundation is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt corporation